June 2022 Parish News
Here are some of the achievements of Culcheth and Glazebury Parish Council in the year May 2021 to 2022.
- We supported the campaign for the introduction of weight restrictions on the A574 through Culcheth & Glazebury.
- Applied to trial average speed cameras on the A574 in Glazebury village.
- Successfully reintroduced live meetings of the Parish Council and sub committees in Culcheth and Glazebury.
- Successfully restarted the Community Day event in May.
- Community play area in Glazebury financially supported in its redevelopment.
- Responded to the HS2 Environment consultation with the support of Croft Parish Council and GLAG.
- Campaigned to stop the Motorway Service Area at J11 of the M62.
- Renewed the litter contract for Culcheth & Glazebury.
- Supported many residents and businesses with planning concerns.
- Lobbied planning authorities regarding the proposed developments along the M6 in Haydock and Parkside.
- Christmas lights installed to improve the winter street scene in Culcheth and Glazebury.
- Continued commitment to keep the Parish Council Office in the library.
- Individual councillors have supported ‘Friends of Culcheth Library’.
- Individual councillors have supported ‘Save the Raven’ campaign.
- Individual councillors have supported local Youths completing Duke of Edinburgh’s award through litter picking.
- Liaised with PCSO to ensure road speed checks are completed in Culcheth and Glazebury.
- Successfully completed the Annual Internal and External Audit of the Parish Council.
Next Parish Council Meeting Tuesday June 14th, 2022 at 7:30pm in the Culcheth Centre