June 2023 Parish News
Here are some of the achievements of Culcheth and Glazebury Parish Council in the year May 2022 to 2023.
• Cllr Neil Johnson as Chair of the Parish Council engaged with members of the local community to support the environment of the villages by litter picking at several sites on a weekly basis.
• As Chair, Cllr Johnson represented the Parish Council at several community events across the villages. He also ensured that the Post Office installed a new Post Box at Chatburn Close. Cllr Johnson read the proclamation of the Monarch’s death at several sites across the villages.
• The Parish Council celebrated the Coronation of King Charles III by financially supporting celebrations in Primary Schools in Culcheth & Glazebury.
• Parish Councillors advised & supported residents to successfully appeal parking fines imposed by the owners of the CPS centre.
• Corresponded with Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner to enquire about the progress of the installation of average speed cameras on the A574 in Glazebury village.
• Successfully planned and ran ‘Community Day’ on the village green which was enjoyed by thousands of local residents on the 1st May 2023. There is a Gallery of photographs of the event on the Parish Council website.
•Held a public meeting to support residents with regard to the planning application (2022/42633) for the car park at the CPS centre. The Parish Council also commissioned a report from an environmental consultant which addressed residents concerns about this planning application.
• Supported many residents and businesses with planning concerns.
• Christmas lights switch on was celebrated by the Parish Council with the help of Culcheth Primary School choir.
• Successfully renegotiated the cost of the Parish Page in Culcheth Life after discussion with Gary Skentelbery.
• Continued to develop the Parish Council website so that it is a community resource for all residents.
• Completed the installation of two new defibrillators cabinets and defibrillators at locations in Culcheth and Glazebury, as well as the refurbishment of an existing defibrillator. These are available for use in emergency situations 24 hours a day to all members of the local community.
• The Parish Council supported Cheshire Police & Warrington Borough Council in the aftermath of the murder of Brianna Ghey.
• Continued commitment to keep the Parish Council Office in the library. This was vacated for several months due to the redevelopment and refurbishment of the Library building.
• Parish Councillors attended Remembrance services at Churches in Glazebury and Newchurch, wreathes of remembrance were laid at the war memorials at these Churches.
• Individual councillors have supported ‘Friends of Culcheth Library’.
• Liaised with PCSO to ensure road speed checks are completed in Culcheth and Glazebury.
• Successfully completed the Annual Internal and External Audit of the Parish Council.
Next Parish Council Meeting.
Tuesday June 13th, 2023 at 7:30pm in the Methodist Church, Glazebury.